Plenty of good articles published in the last month …
Category: General Updates
April has been a relatively quiet month article wise after a couple of bumper months. we’re seeing lots of new content already for May.
|Article / Link||Author||Subject Matter||Connecting|
|Token required to provision an Oracle Integration Cloud instance||Ankur Jain||OIC|
|Why is iPaaS adoption growing to handle integrations in cloud architectures?||Daryl Eicher (Oracle)||OIC|
|Creating net new apps on top of Netsuite with OIC Visual Builder||Niall Commisky (Oracle)||VBCS + OIC||NetSuite|
|Monitoring API – Getting Activity Stream data||Niall Commisky (Oracle)||OIC|
|Triggering an OIC integration via OCI Events – the Notifications Service Approach||Stan Tanev (Red Thunder Blog)||OIC||OCI|
|The 5 Pillars of Intelligent Invoice Processing||Daryl Eicher (Oracle)||OIC/Arcivate||RPA|
|B2B – EDI Translation support||Niall Commisky (Oracle)||OIC||EDI|
|B2B Document Management||Niall Commisky (Oracle)||OIC||EDI|
|Process large file (above 10MB) in Oracle Integration Cloud Service (OIC)||Harshit Yadav (K21 Academy)||OIC|
|SOAP Vs REST APIs In Oracle Integration Cloud (OIC)||Harshit Yadav (K21 Academy)||OIC|
This month’s new articles about Oracle Integration Cloud …
Whilst OIC is not a traditional development environment, once you get past simple integration development you’re going to want to start implementing some configuration management controls and release promotion mechanisms. We discussed this in the book, and illustrated how this can be achieved in a simple manner using the OIC APIs.
However this can be further simplified, and consolidated so that a configuration management approach doesn’t just work for OIC, but can be applied to other products both in the Oracle cloud and beyond. Flexdeploy from Flexagon, has long provided this kind of tooling around Oracle’s SOA Suite but over the last couple of years has been addressing the same challenges for Oracle’s cloud offerings.
When we have spoken with Flexagon about the tool’s capabilities we found a product that very feature rich and addressed all the use cases we could identify as being needed. However, rather than take our word for it, checkout the following resources:
- Compiled list of Flexdeploy blogs on OIC – https://flexagon.com/2019/01/flexdeploy-loves-oic/
- Flexdeploy at the Oracle Marketplace – https://cloudmarketplace.oracle.com/marketplace/listing/3634874
- Flexdeploy demos as YouTube Videos – https://flexagon.com/resources/videos/
Oracle Open World 2018 is upon us, and here are some suggested sessions:
- Antipatterns for Integration: Common Pitfalls [PRO6175]
- Deep Dive: Application Integration on Oracle Cloud [TRN6458]
- Enhance your CX Applications with Oracle Integration Cloud [HOL6299]
- Oracle SOA Suite Hybrid Options with Oracle Integration Cloud [TIP4530]
- Accelerate DigitalOps with Oracle Integration Cloud and UiPath RPA [THT6590]
- The Future of Integration with Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence [TIP1372]
- Extending and Connecting Applications with Oracle Integration Cloud [HOL6298]
- FedEx Hybrid Cloud Integration Strategy [CAS3614]
- Integrating Your ERP and HCM with Oracle Integration Cloud [HOL6314]
- Simplify and Accelerate Digital Transformation with Oracle Integration Cloud [PRO4539]
- The Path to a Digital Workforce with Oracle Integration Cloud [PRO4515]
- American Red Cross Modernizes Disaster Relief with Oracle Integration Cloud [CAS4877]
- Unleash Your Business Processes Your Way with Oracle Integration Cloud [PRO4536]
- Quick Wins Your Business Will Love Using Oracle Integration Cloud [THT6824]
- Simplify and Accelerate Digital Transformation with Oracle Integration Cloud [PRO4518]
- Application Integration on Oracle Cloud [TRN6352]
- DevOps: Oracle SOA, Oracle WebLogic, Oracle Integration Cloud, Oracle Java Cloud Service [CAS3896]
- Get Insight into Oracle Integration Cloud/Oracle Java Cloud Service Performance [PRO4478]
- AI-Powered Oracle Integration Cloud and Oracle API Platform Cloud Service [PRO6176]
- Connect with Oracle ERP Cloud or Oracle HCM Cloud with Oracle Integration Cloud [PRO4538]
- Oracle Integration Cloud Customer Panel: Real-World Digital Transformation Uses Cases [CAS5691]
- Simplifying Oracle HCM Cloud Integrations [PRM3890]
- Integrating with Oracle ERP Cloud Using Oracle Integration Cloud Service [THT6831]
- Oracle Integration Cloud Best Practices Panel: Transforming to Hybrid Cloud [CAS5215]
- Oracle Integration Cloud Customer Panel: Integrating SaaS into Your Application Network [CAS4491]
- Broader, Better, Faster: Capgemini’s Blueprint for Oracle Cloud in UK Police [CAS3273]
The transformation of Oracle Integration Cloud Service (ICS) into Oracle Integration Cloud (OIC) continues to progress. If you’ve read our earlier posts (such as this) on the subject you’ll remember that ICS becomes part of OIC, and depending on which version of OIC you take you will also see other components including:
- Visual Builder Cloud Service (VBCS)
- Process Cloud Service (PCS)
Whilst the product is evolving, the heart of our book remains very relevant to the integratiobn capabilities of OIC, even if the screen shots have changed a little. But what does this all mean to this website? As authors we’ve been a bit preoccupied with our current writing projects as they come to a close (Implementing API Platform and Blockchain Across Oracle). But worry not, we will be adding content. At the very least in the immediate time we have continued to capture and maintain the list of external articles we think are helpful and informative here.
On the subject of the of this catalogue, as the scope of OIC has grown and we’ll start to see lots of material around the PCS capabilities under the OIC title, and of course PCS in its pre-OIC form are still very relevant. In the coming days we’ll incorporate into the catalogue an additional filter to separate sections to cover the different underlying products/capabilities and add start to pickup related content. it maybe necessary to go as far as plitting the catlogue as we already have over 100 referenced entries.
As for articles on this stie, we’ll continue to focus on the integration side of things. For a good look at PCS, we’d recommend checking out the award winning Jarvis Pizzaria material – check it out here.
Oracle have announced Oracle Integration Cloud, the next evolution in their cloud integration capabilities. So how does it relate to the existing Cloud based integration products and what is the future of different products?